Saturday, February 4, 2017

Protecting your Head around Goats.

Here is a little Saturday snippet for you.  A lesson I was taught by the goats. 

I have two nice large heavy doors in my goat pen.  These doors could withstand assaults by bears they are that solid.  Two of my goats don’t agree with doors closing on them if they want to be on the other side.  

Here I am.  I swing the door close and start to latch it.  Before the latch closes Coco comes and rears up, striking the door with both of her front feet.  Wham!  Door right to the head!  Thank you for wincing.  It does hurt especially if I am slightly bending over to get the bottom latch first.  Thankfully no visible bruises yet.  Can you imagine the explanation, “Oh that bump?  My goat hit me in the head with a door.”  Daisy is the other culprit.  Her execution differs in that Daisy uses her horns and rams the door.  The result is the same unless ….

I put my foot in front of the door.  Such a simple maneuver but it protects my head from extreme pain.  Yes, I do forget.  Thankfully under Coco and Daisy’s tutelage, I forget a lot less then I used to, almost never.  They are good teachers, very consistent in execution and punishment.

All you goat lovers out there protect your head!  Use your foot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment