Saturday, August 27, 2016

Tied Up!


I wanted to rite and I was told I could so I am and I promise I will do a great gob as I am a great goaty.  Cranberry said I shoudl rite about a new expir ... experience.  So I can because well I can.  One morning instead of just giving us our ... oh, I was reminded to say who I am but I am sure you know that I am Blackberry ... Instead of getting our grain in buckets while we were loss (or is it lose?  Maybe it is loos?) in our stall we were tied to the fence.  "Every good milk goat knows how to stand tied." we three doelings were told.  I inhaled my grian as normal.  Everything was great but then when I tried to walk away somthing happened!  I couldn't!  I know what a leash and collar feels like from being lead around but this time I didn't get to walk.  I stood there contemplatively.   It was boring!  I looked over at Emm.


"You are supposed to stand," I was told.

"That is boring!" I replied, "I don't like this!"

"Don't worry," Emm said back, "Learning to respect the leash and collar is a good thing."

"I don't mind the leash and collar!  They can come with me," I wailed, "It is the FENCE that is the problem.  It won't budge!"Laughter greeted my saddness so I decided to try a new approach.  


I first thought it would be fun to play with my bucket.

 

 Then I tried laying down..

 


And rolling .... 


 And Pawing ...


Nothing really worked.  I heard a maa from Sugar.  "Don't worry Sugar!" I called back, "you are not alone!"  I tried to reach her but my nose just .... wouldn't ... reach. Poor Sugar was all alone in distress and I couldn't help her!  Then I realized!  Where was Cranberry?  Poor Cranberry!  I screamed her name, "Cranberry!"  No reply.  Oh the sadness.  Cranberry must have been eaten by the fence!  But that doesn't make any sense at all.  I laid down again to contemplate the fact of goat eating fences.  No fence would eat a goat, I decided and then I walked away over to mom.  "Blackberry," Cranberry called after me, "You are supposed to say how you liked the experience."   "Milk is more important, if I can get some," I replied, "Besides, whatever experience are you talking about?"



Editors note - 

Sugar was not in distress


And Cranberry was fine the whole time


These goats were supervised the whole time.  Never leave a goat tied without watching them.  You don't want them to get tangled and hurt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment