Saturday, August 6, 2016

First Hoof Trimming

Hello, it is a pleasure to be writing.  I am Cranberry.  As Crispus wrote yesterday I requested to write today about our hoof trimming.  It was our, the kids, first one yet.  Emm came out and on entering our pen started to explain the proceedings to us.  I gazed into her eyes and listened attentively.  As did Crispus and I think Puden.  Puden though kept interrupting with phrases like, "More milk?", "I love you," "Pet me, please," so that I doubt he was really paying any attention.  Of course Sugar zoned out into eternal bliss when ever she was petted and only heard a smidgen and Blackberry didn't pay any attention but she did try for 10 seconds.  Little Whitey didn't listen period.
 

At the ending of the lecture I was picked first since I am "so mature for my age."  I hopped right onto the milking stand and I only kicked a little.  It did tickle on the back feet so even though I did try to stand still I couldn't help tugging some.  I got some grain and was put back with much praise.  I was happy with the new experience.  Blackberry went next and she kicked the whole time.  Comes from not listening.  Then Sugar.  She put on the "I am being tortured face but I suppose I can endure."  The grain satisfied her and she turned back into her pleasant self.  At this point Emm turned to me and said, "Will you please be quite?" 

"No!  I want another turn! Me next!  Me!" was my reply.

Then Crispus and Puden behaved the same so I suppose Puden did listen.  

Little Whitey was next and he screamed the whole time. 

 "Help!  I am caught! Help!  Mooooommmmmm!" he screamed.

"Help! my son!  He is stuck!  He is lost!" his mom screamed back.  There wasn't even three feet between them and they could still see each other but .....  

And over all that racket Emm didn't hear my pleas that I needed another hoof trim.  So that was it and I only got hoof trimmed once.         

No comments:

Post a Comment