Friday, January 20, 2017

Sun Bathing Goat

Life has been boring.  With the cold and all.  We get locked in and then there isn't anything to do except run from grumpy goats, chase grumpy goats, and listen to the singing of goats. 
Oh, this is Crispus by the way.
Then the sun came out.  It was hot.  I tried to bask in it but ... HOT!  I was like melting along with the snow.  It did worry me but Parsley said I couldn't melt even if I was the color of the snow.  Load of my mind. 
But I had to go inside.  I got comfy then looked back out.  Little Whitey was still laying out there.  He will come in soon I thought.  I relaxed and chewed my cud.  When I refocused on the outside world I was shocked to see Little Whitey still out there!
I had a inner discussion with myself.  Then deciding on the more benevolent I got up.  I squinted my eyes against the glare and walked over to Little Whitey.  I pawed him up.  He was reluctant but gave in.
"What did you do that for?" Emm accused me, "he was enjoying the sun."
"Well, he had been there a long time and I didn't want his legs to fall asleep and if he got to hot who knows what kind of medical problems that could induce.  He could fry his brain!"
"Oh?"
I started shuffling back inside, "There is a open, freshly cleaned bed for him right there."  Little Whitey had already deposited himself in one of the beds and I took the last remaining. 
"You are so cute," Emm said, "What a hard life you must have being a goaty."
"Very hard,  with this sun .... and .... this moon, I can't .... find ... hay .... "

Little Whitey in his bed, out of the hot sun.

Getting ready for nap, must chew the cud first

We are out.  Daisy left.  Crispus right.

No comments:

Post a Comment